07 January 2009

carianne's fruit project.


carianne taught my intermediate drawing and painting class today. she wanted to do something that shared her interest in color and observation with the kids so did a variation on an ann pibal assignment. she brought in fruits and vegetable and cut them in half in front of the students. she talked about the hundreds of colors that could be found in each and had them observe closely.

then they mixed all the colors they observed and arranged them based on proportion in a circle like you see below. the paintings were beautiful and the color combinations gave me all kinds of ideas for color schemes for my own work...or home, for that matter.

i love having the artist in residence teach my students. even though i consider myself to be pretty energetic it always reminds me of how tired i can get sometimes. they always seem to have so much enthusiasm and the kids feed off that and do just about whatever they say happily.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...