12 March 2011

Xeroxes...one of my favorite materials.


I fear that someday there won't be a Xerox machine in the building. It's one of my very favorite art making tools. In fact, I wish I had one right in my classroom. Something I love to have my students do, especially in the Advanced 2D Art class where they're all working with different themes, is to make pictures using only a small selection of Xeroxes I provide (see yesterdays' selection in the photo above).

The limitations make their imaginations go wild and it's always interesting to see how differently each student uses them. I have a small collection of National Geographics from the 70's and 80's and they work best. The images are just strange enough to force students to think hard about how to use them. Here are some of the results. I really love the first one.


No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...