26 September 2008

my art comes to school

one of the best things about my current job is this group of people, my department. we have a lot of fun together socially and we also love sharing our ideas about teaching. we are a creative bunch if i do say so myself. 

so it gives me a nice warm fuzzy feeling to have my work hanging with theirs in the faculty exhibit which happens every three years in the gallery here at school. the reception was this week and although receptions in the gallery are never as well attended as i would like...quite a few of our colleagues came to support us which was really nice. many of them asked smart questions and showed great interest in what we do outside of school. a few who couldn't be there sent sweet emails too.

 
i was very disappointed and a bit surprised that almost no parents were at the reception. i know evenings are a tough time for people with kids, especially teenagers. but it would have been such a big demonstration of support if a few had come. i will say that i did get emails from three parents who said they couldn't make it but that they had already been to see the show and thought it was great. and one even said she would trek to the south end to see my work in the boston drawing project. 

it's funny seeing my work in school. usually i keep the two worlds pretty separate.

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...